Occasionally, you may run into issues when uploading the Customers List file. When this happens, you will receive the following information:
Check below for common reasons that prevent you from correctly uploading customer information into Vouchery.io
1. Your file lacks a header - a description of each column
2. The header info you're trying to upload is incorrect - in the example below, it should be "identifier" not an "id":
3. Not all columns have the header described:
4. You're missing Customer "identifier" information:
5. Your file is a semicolon-separated file, not a comma-separated file.
Depending on your Excel's settings, your default delimiter (separator) may either be using semicolons (;) or commas (,) to separate cells information in a CSV file. This can either cause file upload issues or cluster all the field values into the "identifier" column A because Vouchery.io platform uses commas (,) as the default delimiter/separator.
Step 1: Open a new empty spreadsheet in Excel: New > Blank Workbook
Step 2: Go to the Data tab and select 'From Text':
The goal here is to add External Data from another semicolon-delimited file with customer information to this particular spreadsheet.
Step 3: Select the file you want to open
Step 4: Select the "Delimited" option and then select the comma as the separator.
Step 5: Click "Finish" and Save the file.
Please reach out on Vouchery.io Slack Community Channel if non of these common bottlenecks solved your problem!
Updated about 1 year ago