In simple terms, triggers are different actions that happen in response to incoming events. A trigger consists of an event and additional parameters & conditions applied to it.
Triggers help automate specific, predictable actions and make reactions faster and more targeted, using internal, external, and 3rd party data. At Vouchery, triggers are part of a longer Customer Promo Journey, and our goal is to use triggers to automatically distribute a suitable reward to the Customer at the right time.
We currently have the following events, that may trigger further action:
- Customer Birthday / Customer Anniversary
- Promo code redemption
- Promo code assigned to a Customer ID
- Customer Value Spent (over 1 or more transactions, or a specific timeframe, like a month)
- Customer-specific amount of loyalty points
- A Customer added to a new Segment
- A Customer number of transaction
- Custom Events (currently called triggers), are actions that the Customer creates and provides via the API
- Custom Events from Integrations with 3rd party systems
We will soon add separate API requests to manage custom events, stay tuned!